Welcome to our January newsletter!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DIVERS TRAVELLING FROM UK – Let’s clarify!
- The Foreign Office did NOT raise the threat level in Sharm El Sheikh, which is considered a safe destination for tourists. This means that you CAN enjoy a holiday at the resort, if you can reach it.
- There have been different security teams’ visits and checks at Sharm El Sheikh airport and all received a positive feedback.
- Last week, the Egyptian Government announced £26 million worth of extra security for tourist resorts and hired the UK safety consultants Control Risks to assess all procedures at airports across the country.
- The nearest date for resuming direct flights from UK was announced by Monarch Airlines to be March 18.
- Package holiday operators Thomson, First Choice and Thomas Cook have declared that they will not fly to the resort until March 23.
- easyJet has suspended the flights until 27 May.
- British Airways has cancelled all services up to and including June 30.
February Specials and more
What a nice present the weather is giving us this winter! +27 C sunny days here in Sharm – the perfect conditions for a boat trip on our famous Camel Tribe with up to three amazing dives at your favourite sites! Visit us this February and a 7 night stay with breakfast at 4* Camel Hotel, plus 5 days diving and return airport transfers will cost you just 340 Euros per person sharing. Alternatively, book a stay at any hotel in Sharm, then choose one of our diving packages: 3 days cost 132 Euros, or 5 days just 210 Euros (free nitrox and hotel transfers included). Are you a single traveler? Our SPECIAL SINGLE TRAVELLER RATES are valid until 29 February 2016. 7 nights in a single room at 4* Camel Hotel with breakfast and 5 days guided diving now cost only 404 Euro. about special offers and custom made packages – you will get our best available rates. Just choose your travelling dates and see you in Sharm!
LIDS 2016 11 – 14 February
The countdown has started for the London International Dive Show (LIDS) at London’s ExCeL Centre, from 11 until 14 February. Organisers promise a new look and an exciting programme of events and presentations, plus your ticket will provide you an admission not only to LIDS but to Europe’s biggest sport & leisure event – the Telegraph Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show (TOATS), the London Bike Show and the Triathlon Show. We won’t have a stand at the show, but the members of our Tribe will be easily recognisable by their bubbling Camel hoodies and t-shirts mingled in the crowd! Last but not least, we are all crossing our fin(ger)s in view of the DIVER Awards ceremony on Saturday 13 February at 2pm, on the DIVER Stage. We can’t wait to hear if we have been awarded again Dive Centre of the Year 2015 by DIVER readers, like we were in 2011, 2013 and 2014. Book online your ticket for LIDS and get the best rate.
Fewer tourists in Sharm, more underwater encounters
This year winter is just incredible – warm weather, as always sunny, calm sea and amazing underwater encounters. During the past month, our divers swam with a leopard shark, turtles, dolphins and more, beside the usual Red Sea beauties. Now, even the most popular dive sites are not crowded so you can enjoy the best diving experience with the comfort of small groups, meaning enhanced chances of your guide pointing you rare creatures! Are you missing us? Join us for more spectacular Red Sea diving and get a taste of Sharm life on our Facebook and Instagram pages!