As a certified Divemaster or Instructor, during the two weeks of work experience you will be given a unique opportunity to put all that you learnt into practice in a real working environment. You will work with our experienced Instructors and will be trained for daily duties.
Camel has been at the forefront of Sharm El Sheikh's diving industry for over 36 years. We're in an excellent position to assist you with gaining experience in the diving industry and with job placement.
Work experience duties
- Counter procedures (Transfers, welcoming and checking - in procedures, equipment distribution, crew list preparation, checking - out procedures, hanging out at the counter)
- Boat management and logistics (prepare for departure, permissions, safety equipment, dealing with boat crews, docking procedures)
- Dive management (legal requirements, Camel internal regulations, dive briefings, guiding groups, accounting procedures on the boat)
- Customer relations (first day briefing, sales, customer complaints)
- Best practice and industry standards (Camel standards, school procedures, assisting in Open Water Courses or continuing education, paperwork requirements, certification procedures)
- Opportunity for hands-on experience with compressor operations and the filling of tanks (air and Nitrox)
- Equipment maintenance
- Other tips and tricks of the dive business
- Finding a job: diving CV's, contacts, what managers are looking for.
Outstanding candidates will be considered for work placement.
Certified as a Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor.
- No extra charge for the Thistlegorm trip (normally €127.00)
- No extra charge for 3rd dive during the day (normally €33.00)
- No extra charge for Dunraven trip (normally €44.00)
- No extra charge on night dives (normally €44.00)
- Nitrox use for free if Enriched Air Diver - max two tanks per day 32% (normally €7.00 per tank)
Equipment rental is not included.