PADI Tec 50 Diver
The PADI Tec 50 course completes your training as an entry-level tec diver, taking you past the limits of recreational diving.
During the Tec 50 course, you
- use a standardised technical diving rig
- make actual decompression dives as deep as 50 metres
- use Enriched Air Nitrox and/or oxygen for decompression
- use desk top decompression software to create custom dive tables and plan your dives
- qualify to make technical decompression dives independently
You will use the Tec Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving terminology
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The Crew-Pak includes a DVD-Rom manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate.The DVD-Rom manual is not required where it is not available in a language that the student understands.
We highly recommend completing required knowledge reviews before starting your course.
- Minimum of 100 logged dives including 20 Enriched Air Nitrox dives deeper than 18m, at least 15 dives deeper than 30m.
- Good health.
- Signed medical statement from a physician within past 12 months.
- PADI Tec 45 certification or equivalent.