PADI Tec 40 Diver
If you're interested in technical diving, but haven't yet met the prerequisites for the PADI Tec 50 Diver or PADI Tec 45 Diver courses, you may consider enrolling in the PADI Tec 40 course.
It is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and entails four dives, one of which may be made in confined water or a swimming pool.
During the course, you will
- use recreational scuba equipment, with some minor additions to enhance your ability to deal with tec diving conditions or twinset as required
- use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than ten minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres
- use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression
- Minimum of 30 logged dives including 10 Enriched Air Nitrox dives deeper than 18m.
- Good health, signed medical statement from a physician within past 12 months.
- PADI Advanced Diver certification or equivalent.
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty certification or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres.
- PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver certification or equivalent
You will use the Tec Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving terminology
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The Crew-Pak includes a DVD-Rom manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. You will continue using to use the Tec Diver Crew-Pak through to the PADI Tec 50 Diver course. The DVD-Rom manual is not required where it is not available in a language that the student understands.
We highly recommend completing required knowledge reviews before starting your course.